Oakley And Willow

Oakley was the son of Bob and Belinda. Willow was the daughter of two very arrogant, wealthy, ugly trees. But Willow wasn’t one of them. She was a beautiful willow tree (true to her name) with pretty orangey- yellow leaves. Oakley looked just like his dad, strong and bold with lush green leaves. Oakley had met his love during a play he decided to watch with his mum called Wind in the Willows. He had seen the graceful movements of Willow and fell in love with her instantly. Willow was the main character. So ever since that miraculous night Oakley and Willow couldn’t be separated. Until one horrible day…
Oakley and Willow were sleeping near the city one night when a buzzing sound was heard. Not like so loud they woke, just a small bee’s noise. Then the noise became louder, and louder, until they both woke to a terrible sight- a ferocious man holding the ultimate death tool to a tree- a chainsaw! The ghastly man lunged for Willow, grabbing her by the root. Willow cried in pain as Oakley tried to pull her from the ranks of death. He heard about his mum’s story- you can’t possibly be that lucky twice. Anger and strength surged through him and at last managed to yank Willow out of range of the axe. Sighing with relief, he battled the man until the man gave up and ran away. Looking back, he gave a gasp of fear. Willow’s autumn leaves had been all ripped, her arm’s bark ripped off and her chest had been furiously hacked. Her eyes were shut. Oakley tried hard to find a living sapling, but no luck. Willow was dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!