I Remember

I remember, lining up to join the war in Wagga Wagga. Everyone had a smile on their face. Until we started training, people then realised what they had got themselves into.

I remember, travelling over on the ship to Gallipoli. Still making friends, but getting sea sick most of the time. Getting off the boat , saying good luck to one another. Not knowing what will happen next.

I remember, the first gun shot I heard shook though my body.Terrified to even move.The guns were a deafening sound. Every day that passed the less people there were.

I remember, my best mate got shot. I tried to save him as I held in the tears of sadness. But I felt a thud. The pain was impossible to explain!

I remember, waking up. Still shivering from the pain. I look down at my body, missing a leg , I prayed to God to end it now! But I had to survive to see the face of my loved ones again. I live to tell the story.

And I hope people realize what we went through for them, and that it was more than just a war, it was our lives.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!