Calm Panic

I looked over the pond, deep into my reflection. The water beamed with life, rippling from intense movements of all the little fish actively swimming around. It was like I was in a completely different world, I had been standing there dazed for what seemed to be like an eternity. I started to come too, back to the real world. I was still staring at my reflection when I saw a dark shadowy figure standing over me, before I comprehended what was going on the figure grabbed me. A cold, shrivelled hand gripped my mouth, I tried to scream but there was a massive force holding me back. I tried and tried, but I eventually gave up, I couldn’t… I couldn’t struggle anymore.
My basically dead body was dragged through the shrub. I could feel the sharp strikes of the thorn bushes I was being dragged through. The harsh sun pierced my face, my skin sizzled. We stopped, where are we? Sounds of heavy footsteps surround me, stomping around for what seemed like forever. Finally, the person left, I was alone……. or so I thought.
Intense steps surrounded me once more, though it was more rapid this time. My body was jerked from the ground and a sudden burst of life rushed into me. I was wide awake and very aware of what was going on. There was not one, not two, but five police officers standing before me; guns ready and pointing at us. My hands were knotted in a thick rope, my wrists were burning. The pressure of what I assumed was a gun, pressed into my head. My every fibre was in total shock, I was trembling with a rush of fear; nerves were jolting, veins were pulsing. One sudden move and I was gone, but I couldn’t stop myself from shaking, shaking like I was a leaf in a storm.
Police were moving closer and closer, yelling at whoever held me captive to just let me go. I wanted to tell them to shut up, they were only making him more nervous. I was right, I heard the hammer pull; he was ready to shoot, hand on the trigger. I took my last breath; his sweaty hand ripped my head back and pulled the trigger. An excruciation pain sped through my bulging head, there was a burning sensation. Hot blood poured from my head, I fell to the ground. A panic of people circled me, but there was nothing they could do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!