Haunted Hallie

1st May, 1841, Adelaide
Hallie Bellair stepped off of the Ocelot, which had just sailed from London to Adelaide, and breathed in the salty, fresh air. The sand crunched under her boots as she walked up to the road, where a carriage was waiting for her, ready to take her to a new life.
When Hallie walked up to the carriage, a burly, mean looking police officer walked in front of her, holding up a huge hand.
“Stop right there, Miss!” Hallie stopped, startled.
“I’m sorry Sir. Is there a problem?” she asked.
“Yes! NO WOMEN!!” he yelled. Hallie took a step back.
“Sorry, but that’s my coach right there, Sir,” she said, pointing to the carriage.
“Not anymore! Women WALK. GO!” Hallie sighed miserably, then heaved her heavy suitcase up a tad higher, than began the long walk to the place she was about to call home.
2 hours later.
Hallie stared up at the big building, looming high above her. This wasn’t where she was supposed to be, but she hadn’t anywhere else to go. Just knock, she told herself. It’s only a door. Hallie raised her hand, and knocked. Knock, knock.
The door answered almost immediately. A strange, but beautiful misty woman stood at the door.
“I, uh, Hallie, you, I mean me, I’m Ha-” the woman held up a misty hand.
“Darling...” she cooed. “I’ve been waiting for you.”
“Y-you have?”
“Yes. Now come in…” the woman ushered Hallie in quickly, then slammed the door.
Clink, clink. The crystals on the chandelier clinked softly as Hallie slowly walked down the long hallway. Her suitcase lay forgotten, at the door.
“Wow,” she breathed.
As Hallie looked up to admire the gorgeous chandelier, a dizzy spell hit her like a slap in the face. She staggered back, as her vision blurred. The hallway swam before her eyes. Thud. as Hallie lay sprawled out on the floor, slowly losing consciousness, she saw a blurry, misty figure.
A ghost.
Then Hallie passed out.
“Mmm, mmmm,” Hallie moaned. When her vision focused, she began to take in her surroundings. She realised that she was tied to a leather armchair.
Quite a comfy one too! she thought.
Suddenly, a door that she hadn’t noticed before, banged open, and the ghost woman walked in. She marched over to Hallie, and stood in front of her smirking, misty hands on misty hips.
“Who are you? What do you want?” Hallie demanded, trying to hide how scared she was.
“Well, if you must know, I am Gina, and I want to haunt you for all of eternity!” she laughed evilly.
“What? No!” Hallie cried.
Suddenly, Gina said “Hallie! We’re here!”
Hallie’s eyes opened quicker than the speed of light. She sat up, and saw that she was on a ship, and now in Adelaide.
She grabbed her suitcase, and hurried off the ship, to her coach. As she got in, she realised there was someone else inside. Hallie gasped.
Gina.
“Hello Hallie.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!