VOLCANO STRIKES!

VOLCANO STRIKES!!!
Rumble… POP! FIZZ! KABOOM! The volcano erupted with lots of anger and fury. Lava spewed continuously, fireballs fizzed lividly out of the volcano. Then some fire caught on to my dog, Scruffy (who apparently could talk). “Agghhhhhh!” Scruffy yelped painfully and he jumped into a river. Scruffy sighed. However, there was no time to rest now. A storm of extreme temperatures had begun- lava and snow.
Since the river was ice-cold, an ice cube slowly formed around Scruffy’ s bottom. “Yeeee….. Owww!” Scruffy cried,” my bottom`s ice cold!”. Somehow we had to escape. There was a special orange stone to be used as a key to stop this crazy and chaotic weather. Scruffy and I HAD to find it.
We trudged relentlessly through deep underground tunnels in hope of finding the stone. However, there was so many tunnels, twists at every turns- like trying to find a pin in a haystack! Luckily for us, we bumped into this strange, bizarre alien. Strange looking. Bulging eyes. Fatal spikes. Teeth that shown like white knives. However, no matter HOW creepy-looking this alien was, he was the COMPLETE opposite in the inside.
‘’Hello!”, the alien boomed, “I am the Alien of Wisdom! Do you need help finding the orange stone?”
“Yes please!” I happily replied. Using the alien’s ‘GPS 5000 super- finder’ magic power, it was able to lead us to the stone. We took the stone and hurried out of the underground tunnels.
When we finally got outside, we rushed frantically to the stone slot and jammed the stone in. Yippee!! We danced around in embrace! The snow and rain had stopped. The wind stopped howling. The volcano became dormant. It was all good.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!