Lea's Life

I'm Lea's mum, she wants everyone to hear her story, and she's gone, it's so hard to believe it but she has left us.
Hey I'm Lea, everybody has hard and great times in life, right? Well, I've experienced that the hard way, my life was a dark and bumpy ride.
It all started when I was a little girl, everything went fine until I collapsed to the floor and the room went pitch black, I couldn't feel, see, or hear anything. I have no clue what happened! I found myself in a hospital bed and boy, it stunk! I could hear beep…beep…beep, coming from the machine next to me, my parents were looking at me and they rubbed their eyes to make sure they were seeing correctly, they couldn't believe their eyes. They were never this happy in their entire lives! I had all these wires connected to my body, my parents called the doctors, they rushed in and let out a huge sigh of relief. My parents started hugging me. I asked, 'Mum, Dad, what happened?' 'Oh, well, sweetie, we didn't tell you this, because we were worried you might get scared. I know you're a very smart girl but,' 'Mum tell me what happened!' 'Lea you have lung cancer and you become unconscious at random times.' It took me a couple seconds to realise what my mum said, and I burst into tears. I read the machine next to me and it read "LIFE SUPPORT".
Years followed, and now I was in school, I was in grade five and I got bullied for everything, having lung cancer, being ugly, and so many more. They don't understand, they don't know what it's like to have lung cancer, every now and then I cough up blood, and I usually have a shortness of breath. But I did manage to make some friends of my own, their names are Claire and Jenny, at first they teased me about having lung cancer but now since both of their dads have lung cancer they understand, they became my friends because they defended me from other bullies. It made my life worse and it was already bad enough. I have to spend most of my days in a hospital bed and it's annoying! I hate it, but it's better than being at school!
I'm in high school now, WOW! Things can't get any worse! The whole school hates me! Even the principal! What idiots! Might as well ditch school, I rather be home schooled then going to that filthy place! My mum spent twelve thousand dollars on my education! I don't want her paying that for that stupid school! I'm done!
I was running on the athletics track, I was having fun with my friends until I blacked out, and that's where my life ended at the age of fifteen.
-Lea Myers
I hope you enjoyed my story, my name is Sarah Mai and I'm in grade six at Movelle Primary School.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!