Rams On The Run

Rams On The Run!
Written By- Jack Hourigan.

One dark and stormy morning, my Dad and I were chasing big black rams that were very cheeky. They were running where they were not supposed to and they were making Dad and I look very silly! One ram went one way, then another went the other way… It was complete chaos! Dad and I were having ginormous problems here!

We kept chasing them around and around in circles, that it felt like we were doing donuts in the paddock. Finally, after what felt like hours and hours the cheeky rams went out the gate like they were supposed to! But…. Suddenly….. MORE CHAOS!

Dad dropped me off because the rams went the wrong way! I was supposed to hop out and try to control these crazy animals! But when I hopped out of the ute… PLOP! I landed myself in a big stinky mud patch. Gross! I really needed to get out of there to sort these crazy rams out before Dad got back. So I tried to lift my black gumboots out from the slushy mud and as I lifted my foot it made a big, slurpy, fart noise! Even the rams looked at me in disgust! It was super funny!

Two minutes later, Dad came rushing back to pick me up from out of the gooey mud and to finally sort these rascal rams out. We tried everything… chasing them, whistling at them, Dad even tried to wrestle one… but then he ended up in the mud too! It was a total disaster. Then, I came up with an idea… lets get our sheepdog to help. So I got our Kelpie Jed from the back of the ute and gave him his commands… “go back Jed”, “block up”. And just like that the rams started to move. Thank goodness for Jed.

When we finally got home, I was so glad to get washed up and stay away from the cheeky, naughty, mischievous rams!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!