Fault Of Mya

“Come, Enter the Film contest! Prize is $150 dollars. Please take a sheet and enter, for all ages over the age of 12.” The man in the middle on town was repeating and repeating every time we passed him, my head was going to explode if he didn’t stop I felt my head spinning in endless wheels.
“I’ve had enough, I’m going to go talk to that man!” obviously, my friend Mya had more than just a head ache, she had the guts. Just by looking at her you could realize she was going to enter.



-One Week Later-
We made a bad choice, and I wasn’t going to deny it. It was horrifying. We had planned to stay at an asylum and leave no longer than a week.
Woken by the sound of death, a scream type sound was repeating high pitch in our ears. The only bad thing about it was it was a scream we had heard of, no other than the girl who jinxed us all, it sounded as high pitched as Mya…
I awoke quickly, and all I cared about right now was opening my eyes, but for some reason I couldn’t it was like fate telling me not to, but not just telling me forcing me not to open my eyes. In abyss, dark and silence covering the room I decided to go to sleep, not that I wanted to, but hopefully it will clear up my headache and pain though my body.
Awoken again, but not by a scream I had faced. I could hear someone crying, this time fate could not force me to keep my eyes shut because I opened them, no problems. In the very corner, I could see someone sitting there, just crying. After a while of watching scared as hell, I realised not anything to fear, well sort of. Amelia was sitting there, head in her hands, sobbing… I was scared, normally you wouldn’t be afraid of your friend, but in this situation seeing her mascara run like water down her cheek, and drip onto the floor, you would. She rocked her head against the dark wall, splitting a bit of her crown, the blood rolling down her stone face joining the mascara. As soon as I jumped up I regretted it, seeing blood run down my arm. I looked across my body, intensely studding each bone, each muscle. I was pale, as pale as snow. I was worried for us. Mya wasn’t here with us in this room, and Amelia was splitting her head more and more each hit. Me and Amelia both flinched and stopped what we were doing, why? Because we heard voices, voices and footsteps.

I walked slowly towards the old wood door, and looked though the keyhole. What did I see? You don’t want to know.
But that was the last time I was any of my friends. Or anyone at that matter.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!