Sarah The Little Leopard

One cold morning, a servant told Princess Sarah that Witchy was going to destroy the world. Sarah’s Mum, the queen, looked at her. ‘Please go and save us,” she said.
Quickly Mum packed Sarah’s bag. “This is Buddy, the parrot and he will help you know where to go. Sarah was happy with Buddy and Buddy was happy with Sarah. They would be great friends so they set off on their adventure into the jungle. “Isn’t it a lovely jungle,” said Sarah, “but I’m getting hungry and my legs are sore.
Buddy said,” Ready for some magic?” He clicked his fingers and a horse appeared. Sarah hopped on the horse and they continued until they saw the Towny sign. Sarah said, “I’ve been here with my family. The Towny people know all about Witchy!” As they walked, they noticed everything was dead. “What happened?” asked Sarah. “All the flowers are gone”.
“Witchy came and destroyed our beautiful land!” said a Townie person.
“If you want to see her, she went left so keep going”, said another.
BANG!.....POP!.......TING!
“What was that?” asked Sarah. Right before their eyes, was dead grass, tiny houses and crushed buildings. “Oh no!” said Buddy. “My house and village have been destroyed.” Suddenly Sarah said, “Soon the birds and houses will be as good as new.” She blinked and all the birds came alive. “Princess Sarah, the big witch went left,” sang the birds. Sarah smiled but then a man appeared. “Beware, Princess! Why are you here?”
“My Dad is sick and Witchy stole the Gem of Hope.”
“Oh poor girl. I will show you where Witchy is building her castle,” he replied.
They walked for ages and the path became darker and darker. DANG! DONG! BEEP!
“Done,” said a voice. Sarah pushed back the branches and saw a big, scary castle. “How will we get in there, Buddy?” Sarah asked. “Buddy?” Sarah spun around to see Buddy being carried by the witch’s robots. Witchy was laughing so hard. Sarah was scared but she said to the horse, “Stay here.”
Inside the castle Sarah saw lots and lots of animals in rusty cages. ‘Check him in! Now!” said Witchy and the robot threw Buddy into a cage and disappeared. Sarah zoomed to Buddy.
‘Can you please unlock me?” said a tiny voice. Sarah looked down to see a little leopard then she smiled at all the sad animals, “I’m going to unlock you all”.
“Hi there”, a nasty voice said. It was Witchy. ‘Why are you mean and cross?” Sarah asked.
“I am not going to tell YOU!!!” Witchy screamed. Sarah smiled, stretching out her hand. ‘It’s because when I was little no-one would play with me so I was angry.” Sarah smiled again. “Come home with me. We can be friends.” Witchy was so happy she returned the Gem of Hope and set all the creatures free so the jungle was full of animals again. And Witchy even made a friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!