I Hate The Hospital

Beep, beep, beep. The young nurse Madison came rushing in to the ragged old hospital room. She ran to Lilly’s side who was lying in the uncomfortable hospital bed. Suddenly, another nurse who she had never seen before entered her room, she started to check all the different machines and monitors, then started typing something on a tremendously large computer so swiftly she was done in a flash of lightning.

Lilly has cancer she was diagnosed at the age of four. Now she is 15. Since the young age of four, Lilly’s felt like she is locked up in a small tight fitted cage of operations, medication, blood tests and a never ending list of other dreadful things.

For over half of her life she has been in the cramped hospital, surrounded, by weird machines, surgeons, kind and mean nurses, disgusting medication, irritating beeping noises and so on.

For Lilly there is no such thing as freedom.

On one ordinary day Lilly was sitting in the fresh sheets of her small hospital bed reading her book ‘A Most Magical Girl.’ When all of a sudden a large clump of golden blonde hair fell onto the ripped pages of her book.

Six long weeks later she had lost all of her beloved silky hair. Worst of all it was two days until her sixteenth birthday. But while Lilly was rummaging through her wild thoughts an early present came in the mail. It was a golden blonde wig and it looked exactly like her old hair. It was the best gift she received even though she didn’t know who it was from.

Lilly doesn’t mind the old hospital anymore because that single gift made her realise how lucky she was to still be alive. If she didn’t have the incredible nurses and medication she is given she might not have still been here this very day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!