Heaven

For my Dad, may he rest safely in the eyes, arms and heart of God.
Tonight, 9th September, in the old wooden bakery at Pearl Beach, elderly Miss Daisy was making her most delicious pie for the anniversary of her husband's passing. While she was dreadfully sad, Daisy was happy knowing that he was safe with God. There were no family members or friends at all to share her memories with - she was always alone in her big bakery, except for the times when customers come in to buy her cakes and pies.
It was also Daisy’s 73rd birthday and, as the waves hit the shore, she could hear her husband speaking to her in a calm voice. This was a miracle!
“Hello my love. Happy Birthday. I wish that I could be with you on this special day, however, at midnight, a guardian angel will wake you and bring you up to Heaven where you will be able to see me. It won’t be for long and you will have to return but we will be given some precious minutes together.”
Daisy closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. With a soft touch on her shoulder, she slowly opened her eyes and saw Harry, her husband, standing in front of her with a special gift. He kissed her with a kiss that touched her heart and then, waved goodbye.
At 7:53am, Miss Daisy woke up with that special present by her bed and she knew it wasn't a dream. It was a birthday to remember forever, that was full of the taste of heaven and the smell of flowers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!