Parkour And Murder

I knew I was in severe trouble. I just knew it. I demolished a police van. All of the windows. Shattered. I even punctured the heavy car engine, just to watch it explode and go up in flames.
I only did this because my caring father was falsely accused of a double homicide. He was also accused of attempted arson! But the thing is…he didn’t commit those crimes. He died because of that tiny error. At the moment, I couldn’t worry about that. I had twelve muscular, mean-looking police officers chasing me in the city, at dusk.
I was on the rooftop of the city plaza. There were steaming, hot, rusty copper pipes covering the rooftop. It was extremely difficult to concentrate because my long, bushy brown hair got in the way. The smell of the steam and sweat was absolutely disgusting.
I speed-vaulted over another old, rusty pipe, leaving an officer staring at me. I shuddered at the thought of his withering stare at me.
After fifteen prolonged minutes of outmanoeuvring the officers and navigating my way across the rooftops, I finally located a safe place to leap down from the vast building.
I finally dived down and sprinted towards the suburbs of the rundown city. I found myself in a dark, damp alleyway between two streets. I heard a sound. Crunching leaves. One officer was closing in on me with a loaded, rusty desert eagle.
“Put your hands up,” whispered the officer, with a devilish grin spread across his face.
Suddenly, I had a brainwave. I jumped in the air and I swiftly kicked the gun out of his hands. I landed perfectly on the ground and surprisingly, I caught the gun firmly.
At that moment, I had a peculiar feeling inside of me. I glanced down at my feet. I saw the officer. He was lying on the ground with blood pouring out of his pale face. There was a horrible gunshot wound between his eyes. I realised something…he was dead. I fainted at the thought of it.
Soon after the incident, I felt freezing steel stick to my back. I was in a wooden chair. There was an officer at an enormous power switch. The officer pulled the lever down, with great difficulty. I felt a deadly amount of electricity run down my spine. A second before it, I knew that this was my death.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!