You Only Live Once

I was stressed! My life was down. I felt like I fell and couldn't get up. I didn't wanna go to school. The pressure was on. It had been 12 days and I didn't even get out of bed. My mum was worried because I was not eating. She yanked me out of bed one day. I was annoyed but she still took me. When we went to the doctor there was news I was not expecting. I had cancer and only had 14 days to live.
I was devastated and my mum couldn't stop crying. I was mad that she even took me, because I wouldn't have known if she didn't take me. I locked myself in my room. I stayed there and cried. I even starved myself for 4 days. All I was thinking about was death. After 4 days I had to eat. I walked out of my room and got some food. Mum run up to me I didn't know what happened she wanted to make the last days of my life the best. She booked me a trip to Paris. Even with so much devastation I was excited. The flight was tomorrow morning. I had never been to Paris. When I got there I was happy but only from the outside. My inside was not even responding. I was meeting new people and talking to them and slowly my inside was becoming happier and happier My mum and my mum were getting closer and closer. I woke up very early in the morning and felt dizzy. I decided to go to the hospital. My heart was racing. When I got there they knew it was near the end so I layed on the death bed so sadly. It was like everything I saw was grey. My mom took the next flight to Paris. When she got there I was so sad I did not even say hi but then I thought death is a part of life, every minute I have, I have to enjoy.
I slowly got up and gave my mom the biggest hug I could, she was crying, I layed down. My mom said to me “fight” I didn’t know what she meant, then she said “please fight the only reason I am here is for you. I wake for you, clean for you and smile for you and I can't do anything without you, please stay with me . I just wanted to close my eyes but I did not show any respect for my life for my friend for my family and most importantly for my mum. If I died now I would never get that chance to repay my mom for how happy she makes me when I wake up or even when I go to sleep she is always there with a big smile, she has my back and I know she will never let go so now it is my turn to have her back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!