Nick And The Sword Of The Dementored Curse

The silent swish of the dark and gloomy shadow’s jacket swayed in the icy breath of the North Carolina winter. At the door of the bank the shadow used some idiosyncratic powers to unlock the five secure padlocks. Sneakily he tiptoed up the grey steps towards the legendary sword of the dementored curse. “Arghhht Arrggghht Arght” went the ear-piercing alarm. As quickly as the figure could, it grabbed the shiny silver sword. Suddenly everything went yellow and I could hear deafening screams in the back of my head. Hang on, how can I be hearing these deafening sounds in the back of my head, that doesn’t make sense. All of a sudden I awoke to the sound of my brother crying. Not again I thought.

“BOOM, CRASH, BOOM, CRASH.” That’s what I heard before I guessed what had happened. It sounded like the house was being knocked down. Hastily I ran out, grabbed my brother and blared “GET OUT OF THE HOUSE”. I darted for the front door, harshly swung it open, told my brother to go open the gate and get out. Instantaneously I bounded up the grey carpet steps and sprinted for my Mum’s bedroom and instructed her to grab my sisters, run outside and to go through the gate. Luckily my Dad was away for work so he wasn’t in danger. Suddenly everything went pitch-black.

I opened my eyes to the sight of Bart and Thomas leaning over my body. “Are you okay?” they asked. “Yes” I replied. “Well you need to see this.” They came over and handed me some sort of scroll. I unraveled it and it read, YOU ALL HAVE BEEN GIVEN A POWER. ONE IS SPEED ANOTHER IS SMARTNESS AND THE LAST ONE IS TO BE ABLE TO GROW AND SHRINK. YOUR GOAL IS TO GET THE SWORD FROM FINN PRICE AND RESTORE THE CURSE. Suddenly I remembered the dream I had experienced. I went over to tell Bart and Thomas.

When I had finished telling them I said “we better get started finding out who got what power.” So we went outside and we decided to check who got the super speed. We were about to think of how to figure it out when an angry ogre dropped out of the sky. It started to run at us. For a second we were all dazzled but then we knew what happened. Rapidly I sprinted for the ogre, I jumped on to its leg and I started to climb up its body. Abruptly Thomas shot up to be around 100 feet tall and unexpectedly he flopped on the ogre, then out of the blue a sword came flying down and I recognized it as the one in my dream. I grabbed it handed it to Bart and knew that he got the super smartness so I told him to figure out how to restore the curse he told me that I had to bring Finn to him so he could restore the curse...


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!