The Flying Chair

Chapter One
Late:
Lesley woke up to find it was 8 o’clock. Just then her mum rushed into the room tapping her watch. “I am late for work Lesley and you were asleep all this time. School starts at nine so hurry up!” Lesley jumped out of bed and did her morning routine. Her mum was a manager and her dad was a builder. Her little brother Liam was in prep. Lesley was in grade four. Lesley’s mum had left with Liam so she decided to go on the school bus. She walked out to the school bus. The bus arrived and went.
When Lesley got to school her teacher, Miss Maple said: “Everyone is playing outside but you have to do your work.” Miss Maple gave some sheets of work to Lesley and said: “do you work while I get a cup of tea.” So, Lesley did that. She was about to answer what is a quarter of four but…
Chapter Two
Flying:
Lesley’s chair began to wibble, then wobble and it took off, into the sky. Then it spoke up. “I am Chair your chair.” “Now tell me where you want to go meet the pencil pets or the texta towers.”
“Um…the texta towers.”
Chair landed and wow what a sight it was. “Go back to my class Chair.” And… Whoosh in 5 seconds they were back. Then quickly, the tired Lesley finished her sheets. Lesley went outside to find her best friend.
Chapter Three
I don’t believe it:
Zoe was on the swings. Lesley got so happy when she got Zoe to follow her. Zoe asked Lesley “So what am I doing here?” “Well, my chair is magic.”
As in your dreams, I don’t believe you.”
“Sit down,” said Lesley.
“Chair do your thing!” And once again the chair took off. It questioned Zoe whether she should go to the pencil pet shop or the texta towers.
Chapter Four
Go Back!:
“Go back.” Shouted Zoe. “I’ve had enough. In 5 seconds, the chair reappeared.
“That was breathtaking.” “Wow,” Zoe said. “I love that ride.”
Chapter 5
How was your day?:
“How was your day Lesley?” asked mum.
“Good I flew to the land of stationary and went to the texta towers.”
“How you, use your imagination!”
“But mum!” Well, that is another story.
“So,” Lesley said the next morning to Zoe at school.
“Where are we going on our next adventure?”
“Nowhere!” Well, that is another story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!