Paddock

A few years ago, there lived a little puppy, on a family farm.
Her name was Cookie, and she loved to chase kangaroos and wallabies off the farm. She protected and watched over the farm. It was her favourite thing to do. She was loved by the whole family and always had fun whenever she was around them!

One day though, there was an accident and Cookie found herself underneath a car, she fell into a deep, deep sleep. The family had no choice but to take her to a very special place were puppies heal. While the dogs are being healed, their spirit separated from their body and watches their body being healed.

But Cookie didn’t want to sit and wait. She wanted to go back to her family. So the persistent pupper did! Her spirit floated back to the farm and she saw her family. But they couldn’t see her. She didn’t care though. All she wanted was to be there with them again.

There weren’t any kangaroos like Cookie. So she couldn’t chase them. This made her sad. But, one day, Cookie saw something bad at the edges of the paddock. She ran and ran and ran and chased the thing far far away. This made Cookie very happy. Everytime something bad or evil came into the paddock, Cookie would always chase it away!

She became an even better protector of the farm, chasing away bad and evil things making sure the family doesn’t get hurt or sad. At the end of each day, Cookie would come back to check up on her body, then go inside to say goodnight to the family.

To this very day, Cookie continues to watch over this very farm. People say, whenever the wind blows, Cookie is dashing down to the paddocks to protect us from evil.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!