Waves

In my new black leather boots I strut out of the store as if I own the place. Each step I take crumbles the earth beneath me, leaving detailed and unique imprints each time I raise my foot. Looking up to unlock my car only leads to the sight of a dark and mysterious shadow closing in on me. I lift my head higher to see what may be the death of me; an enormous wave races towards me slowly getting closer and closer every minute. Frozen I stand there unable to think, it was as if my mind had grown legs and run away.
“Hey, Hey you, get out of there, run!”
I was just at the shops trying to find the shoes of my dreams and after spending what seemed to be a MILLION dollars I come outside to see…
“Runnnnn, come on HURRY!”
Someone was yelling no screaming at me to get out of there and I wasn’t sure if it was a person or my brain had manned up and came back to flip out. Frantically running. Heavily breathing. My legs moved as if a cheetah’s spirit had taken over my body - but I didn’t make it.
My body shudders with fear, my whole life flashes before my eyes, as the wave crashes towards me, destroying everything in its path. Every achievement. Every spending. Every moment with my little bumblebee, gone.
Her cry could be heard from miles away, as I painfully give her life. My little Zoe, her eyes, tiny peridots. Her hair, as white as snow. Her skin, as soft as a rose petal. Zoe’s smile always filled me with joy. She is the sweetest girl you could ever meet.
Now I will never see her grow to be a young independent woman. As a cast of crabs scurry towards me I lose sight in my right eye due to one of their pointed orange nippers. Wave after wave I am slowly drifting, falling to the ground like a ball in slow motion. Each second my body is pulled underwater and violently shoved upwards; with this I was deprived of air and almost ready to give up. Light headed and dizziness punches me in the face robbing me of my ability to think. As the last brain cells I have push a high pitched scream out of me I am left in despair when no one answers; unless I am hallucinating and I’m already dead, in fact not at all screaming. But it can’t be I cannot leave her, not like this. I hasten to swim out of the pool of sea. But not only do I fail; I am hit in the head by a rusty submarine, which falls apart the more it moves. As my eyelids gain weight and fall closed, I see only blackness. My mind is blank. My body is calm and still. Tell Zoe I love her. Then I gradually fall hitting what was left of the car park and doze off into the darkness.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!