I Need To Hide!

I sit dejectedly, as I fiddle with my magical glowing pebble within my fingers.
BASH! BASH! BANG! Suddenly, hunters begin to violently kick and bash my steel front door down. Flabbergasted, I bolt around like a lunatic around the upper 2 floors whilst hoping for a place to hide.
After searching the entire house, I realised that there was only one more place in the house…the basement, the haunted, monster-infested basement. Speedily but cautiously, I scurry to the basement door. I take a breath. It is my only option for survival. Sluggishly, I unlatch the basement door when my heart skips a beat as soon as I see the horrifying, 5-eyed monsters and I hear them snoring as they begin to fall asleep. With caution, I silently head towards the storage cabinet. I can hear the hunters getting closer and closer.
“Get the girl!” demands one.
“YEAH!” the gang replies in a deafening roar.
Panicky, I step into the metal-framed cabinet just as the hunters shove the door open and the monsters wake up. I peek out of a hole and spot my magical glowing pebble hopping through the dark, haunted, echoing room. Then there is an ear-piercing silence and the hunters look down slowly.
“Well don’t just stand there!” exclaims the hunters’ commander, “GET IT!”
All 5 hunters dive for my magical pebble, the only thing I have from my father since I got kidnapped and thrown in to this 3-story haunted building. Right before I have the urge to jump out of the abandoned storage unit, all of the hunters and monsters automatically drop to the floor. I jump towards the door of the cabinet and peek out of the holes once again.
“OH MY GOSH!!!” I scream flabbergasted, “DAD?”
“I’ll explain later,” he responds, “they won’t stay asleep forever. We need to get out of here.”
Relieved, I grab my magic pebble and we both head speedily to the secret entrance only the hunters and my dad have figured out. The secret entrance is 1km long and it is only 50cm tall, so we must go, fast! Dad and I begin to crawl through the dark, narrow tunnel.
After two entire hours of crawling, we finally made it out of the tunnel. I can see so many things that I have not seen in 5 whole years-- The grass growing green, the flowers flowing freely and the sun shining so strong in the sky. We begin walking through the forest, when we hear a frightening roar. Frightened, we turn back and begin to run for our lives. Behind us we can hear footsteps coming after us.
“Keep running!” dad says terrified, “Don’t give up!”
…To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!