Never Break A Promise

Ever since Mitchell Evens broke the promise that his best friend Howard Davis made, there had always been trouble. They were betting on the Australia against England cricket match. The deal was that if Australia won Mitchell had to pay $200 and if England on Howard had to pay $200. Mitchell agreed on this deal. Australia won 3-2.

Howard lived alone in an apartment in a rural area. Howard now hated Mitchell. Mitchell had recently met a girl at his local café. Her name was Lynette. She lived just across the road in a hotel called Meteor.

Howard absolutely hated that Mitchell had a girlfriend getting jealous of the girl. Howard had two friends, Allen and George, who were desperate for money. Howard wanted revenge. Mitchell owed him $200 that he owed to Howard. Revenge overflowed in his body.

This was his evil plan, Howard knew that Mitchell was going to visit Lynette on Sunday, today was Saturday. Mitchell walked up the hotel to Lynette's room. A mysterious man followed Mitchell. The mysterious man followed and said, “I am the pest patrol man, a lady called me over this room”. “Oh, sure”, Mitchell said as he opened the door.

The pest patrol man went to the room to the right. He used a magnifying glass and looked for cracks in the wall. Mitchell was looking for Lynette who didn’t seem to be there. He then went to the room the where the pest man was in. As he entered the room he heard a clicking sound. He entered the room, then BANG!

Mitchell fell to the floor. No pest man in sight instead a painter casually walked down the stairs and exited. He passed Lynette who was walking up the stairs to her apartment. She entered the apartment and shrieked at the top of her lungs. She saw Mitchell, dead, lying in a pool of blood. She called 000.

The police took care of Lynette. They started dusting the box for fingerprints. Evidence. Excellent. Eureka! Fingerprints all over it. They then saw a magnifying glass and found more fingerprints on it. These fingerprints were sent them off to the lab.

The next day the police tracked down where Allen Sharp lived. From this information they started driving to his house. When they arrived at his front door, they knocked on it and said, “Allen Sharp you are under arrest.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!