Yappa-Yappa Forest

Icy fingers gripped my shoulder in the darkness. The power was out in my house and I was the only one home, well that’s what I thought. I heard multiple footsteps behind me. If it was just one person it must have had many feet… that’s if it was even a person. My skin trembled at the touch of the hand on my shoulder. I was too scared to turn around. The hand was still on my shoulder, I had to turn around. I closed my eyes tightly and spun around.
“Surprise!” yelled my sister Autumn and our two friends Riley and Henry. Someone had finally remembered my birthday! “let’s play Truth or Dare” whispered Henry.
We all decided we should go to the old park down a few blocks from my house because it was too dark. The street lights shone onto the park. We sat on the swings and Henry said “I dare you all to go into Yappa-Yappa forest, the scariest forest in the whole town and explore.”
My sister, Riley and I walked to the start of the forest. We hesitated at first but we soon decided we must go in. We walked through the forest and turned left onto a stone path, the dark gloomy path soon ended at a house. The house almost looked like it was made out of gingerbread. It looked like there was nobody home so we decided to test if it was gingerbread. We pinched a tiny bit off the door and slipped it into our mouth in case anyone was watching. It really was gingerbread! Autumn reached back for more and Riley grabbed her wrist gently “wait” he said “What if someone is home”? Autumn didn’t care because the house tasted so good, she couldn’t resist. All of us started eating and we ate the whole door.
We were greeted by an old lady with many wrinkles and an old pointy nose, she had a mole on her chin and she surprisingly didn’t have grey hair, her hair was black and shiny. She was a witch… The Witch put us under a spell and we worked for her for many years as slaves.
Thirteen years later Henry knocked on the door, he never lost hope in finding us and he eventually did. I don’t know what he said to the witch but she let us go instantly and we went back to our normal lives. None of us forgot about what happened, it was a forbidden topic between us and if we did tell anyone no one would believe us. Not even police would enter the forest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!