The Lost Order

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

“They're here!” Gyro yelled “NO! Not here, man this is bad!” I thought to myself silently, Then I yelled “Run,Try not to use it!” I had hoped we’d make it, we tried everything, we even tried jumping the roofs.

It was no use though ,we were trapped even the skies were covered.”I-i have to u-use i-t...” I thought to myself, so slowly I took off my glove from my right-hand and felt power surge through me. I focused all my power in my dragon-like hand. Then we were simply gone.

You're probably wondering what’s happening, if you don’t know me. This is how all this began. Oh, my name’s Ty by the way.

A light. It all started with a light, not everyone saw it, but I did. My brother Gyro had it too, but I masked it with super top secret tech, so he didn’t know.The government didn’t know, thankfully. Yet…

When I used my power, I… always felt some kind of primal force try to… TAKEOVER.One day I made something without even knowing it, unsure of what it was I went to somewhere… deserted. It was the perfect place to practice my power, it was good place.

When I used my power, I put on the device for some weird reason. Also when I practiced, I didn’t feel the weird feeling, where something tried to takeover. The device … allowed me to not risk being taken over, it was great!

A few days later, after school I was attacked. It was what seemed to be a gryphon! I barely dodged its talons, when the device automatically latched on to me. Things only got weirder, naturally.

Cards out from my glove, and into the device. Armour appeared on me, a sword and a shield flew into my hands and I felt the wisdom of an ancient knight go through me, and with flames dancing I took it down in a single strike it fell to the ground.

When it fell down it morphed into my friend Mark. That’s when I realized the terrifying truth, Mark was like me, Mark must have had some gryphon-like body part and overusing that power without the Card loader ( What I called the device ) turned you into that creature…

Other the next few weeks, I fought many monsters they were all strangers, thankfully. I had found out most of my friends were like me!
I was surprised by that.

One day, while I was fighting a monster, unbeknownst to me at the time I was being watched! The person was afraid and confused, so they got out their phone to record it and gave it to the police, who then gave it to the army. They know knew who I was.

I’m sorry but the recording is starting to run out, so I’ll have to stop it there.
-This is the Crimson Knight

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!