Darkness

The soft glow of the moon filled the town, the once innocent town where nothing ever happened. I ran, sprinted and screamed the once bustling streets were deserted; the darkness was never ending. I soon reached the place my place my eyes were a blur and my head was a distorted mess, I had to find out, find out for sure who killed him…
All I do is sit, sit and replay all of the horror from the last twenty four hours unwilling to stop. No one can bring him back not now, not ever. His innocent soul will be lost forever.
I slowly curl into a ball sitting behind the dump with my old duffel bag by my side. The rain soaking my long blonde hair until it reaches my scalp. ‘THUD!!!’ ‘SMASH!!!’ My head suddenly arose at the sound, with a startled look emerging onto my hopeless face. I turned my head to see the shop across the road burst into deep red flames flickering high above the rooftop…
It wasn’t safe anymore I wasn’t safe. The small town I call home was slowly being populated with criminals. No one was safe…
The next day was school East Valley High, but I wasn’t going why would I? I had to find out who killed my brother. I remember the night like the back of my hand…
I was at the Millers’ Blue Moon party, something that happens on a rare occasion, sitting by the pool when I received the news. Luke was walking through the gate quivering and crying he ran up to me kissed me on the cheek and said one word and one word only… “Jake” then he ran. I knew what he meant as soon as he had said my brother’s name. I dropped to my knees and burst into tears cool and salty melting down my face. That’s how the story went.
I haven’t seen Luke since, he’s on the run I know it.
My life is a rollercoaster, bumpy, freakish and never ending. But one day it will end just like Jake’s, one day all of the rollercoasters in the world will end but I will bring Jake’s rollercoaster justice, if it’s the last thing I do. But where to start...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!