Dark Power

[Drawing][Drawing]I was so excited about the test. In our town every five years we had a test to find, ‘special people’.

To win you had to find a rare rock, I was soon to find out what winning meant. An old man approached myself and a strong looking guy named Oliver standing next to me, he told us to go with him. He showed us the temple and said, ‘You will stay here with us, but first you must take this’. He held out our small rocks and a black drink.

In the morning, he taught us the rules of how to teleport, you must be noticed, and you can’t move fast.

That night I dreamt of a sword in the middle of a hill. I woke up, focused on the hill and I was there. I saw the sword and removed it. Then I focused on the temple.

I had the feeling I was full of darkness. When I arrived back at the temple I showed the sword to Chang, he explained the sword was made and used by the Evil of Darkness, and if anyone held this sword for two hours it would control their body. Luckily, I had only travelled for an hour.

Later, during training, a strange man entered the temple. Chang confronted him, ‘I’ve been waiting too long to kill you!’

The man replied, ‘Give me the sword of Darkness’.

The battle began.

[Drawing]It was fierce. I feared for Chang. Swords clanged, they were a blur as they moved at lightning pace. But in the end Chang fell, he looked at me, ‘The world is relying on you, Jack’.

Dark Evil had disappeared with the sword.

I sat on the ground reeling from what had just happened. I decided right there to avenge Chang’s death.

[Drawing]Since that day, I searched for a sword that could destroy the Dark Evil. I found a blacksmith who could forge a sword worthy of the task. All it took was the stone and a drop of my blood.

It was perfect, I practised on many monsters to prepare myself for the fight.

The day came, it was a mighty battle.

He hit me so hard I fell to the ground, he attempted a kill shot, but I dodged his attack brushing past him, I saw into his memories, Oliver had given him every detail of the temple. I was furious! I felt the darkness inside me rising.

He was grinning, I groaned, ‘I’m going to stop you!’.

‘You’re nothing but a child!’, he countered.

‘This child is going to stop you!’, I roared with determination.

He punched me in the face, I reeled backwards. I was sure I had broken something, and for a moment was incapacitated.

‘You’re as weak as Chang!’, he provoked.

Something changed inside, an infinite power was growing within me. Something changed in Dark Evil’s eyes, was he scared?

This was my moment, I sank my blade into his dark heart. The darkness dissipated.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!