Fauna And The Gorblack

She stared at the planet she was about to blow to smithereens. Was she going to be like the rest of her family? Boasting about the horrors they had done? With no sympathy? This would be her first ever planet, maybe then they wouldn’t call her worthless and a piece of nothing. They would be excited. They would pat her on the back and do other nice things. Probably. But a tiny voice inside her head told her this was wrong. What do you get out of destroying things? How would you feel if someone destroyed your planet? She turned away bitterly, knocking something over in her messy space house. The house groaned, knowing what was going to happen next. It didn’t want this to happen. She picked up the strange looking object. “Ah!” she screamed as it whisked her away.

She woke up to find someone looking at her. “Are you a Gorblack?” The creature asked nervously. Her heart rate quickened. “No! I’m a… Ningo. My name’s Vanessa.” Vanessa said quickly. The creature looked confused for a second, then let it go. “My name’s Fauna, sorry I asked if you were a Gorblack, but I saw one in it’s spaceship about to destroy my planet.” So that’s what planet Vanessa was on. The thing in her hand must have teleported her here. Then she remembered what she was about to do to this planet. Vanessa instantly felt guilty, “Oh,” was all she could say. Fauna looked at her suspiciously. Vanessa tried to change the subject, Aren’t you lonely here, all by yourself?” “Yes,” admitted Fauna, “But I’ve got the animals here… and now you! You will stay, right?” Fauna looked up with pleading eyes. “Of… of course,” stammered Vanessa. “Yay!” clapped Fauna, dancing around, “Let’s have some tea!” Vanessa smiled nervously. What else could she do?

“Fauna, there’s something I’ve got to tell you…” started Vanessa. “Stop right there!” Fauna shouted, “You need a chocolate leave.” Fauna put a chocolate leave on Vanessa’s plate. Then another. And another. And another. Fauna giggled helplessly. Vanessa couldn’t hold it any longer, “I’m the Gorblack!” She cried, “I’m the Gorblack you saw about to destroy your planet! But I wasn’t going to though. I’m sorry! I should of told you! I’m the Gorblack!” Vanessa hung her head in shame. “I knew that,” Tutted Fauna, putting two more chocolate leaves on Vanessa’s plate, “I knew from the moment I saw you. You look exactly like your father. You also had a Gorblack teleporter in your hand.” Vanessa looked up. So that was what had teleported her here! Her very own teleporter! Vanessa swallowed hard. “Are you still my friend?” she asked meekly. Fauna smiled, “I have been for all this time, haven’t I?” Vanessa smiled back happily. Her mood had turned from sombre to cheery in a matter of seconds. She knew this was the start of many great adventures!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!