Heart Over Head

What? Who? Had sent her into shock?
There she lay in the hospital bed with her loved ones around her.
The room is dead silent. The machine monitoring Claire's heartbeat started going off. Ten doctors ran in and cleared us all out. I remember having to be dragged out of that hospital room. Standing outside the room, just waiting for my mother to get better so we could be that same great family everyone loved. But that was then this is now.
"Hi! I am Cassie I see you have read my life journal. I've been writing in it for a while. As you have seen my mother Claire was in an accident. I don't think I really knew what was going on, but as soon as I was old enough to understand what had happened to her, I've never been able to figure out who may have done this".
I am 21. I find myself jumping from roof to roof chasing the mysterious person in the black hoodie. I suspect the stranger may have killed my mother. He is too fast, I can't keep up, so I stop trying and head home.
I slam the door shut and proceed up the stairs until I see a letter addressed to me. I pick up the letter and open it. I read
"Dear Cassie, if you have got this, it is too late. I am James, I was you mother's friend and I'll help you avenge her death". We will catch whoever did this!
I find the return address on the envelope and write a reply saying,
"Dear James, I will agree to work with you to avenge my mother's death".
I put the letter in an envelope and take it to the post office and slid it into the slot. As I turn around I see a person in a black hoodie staring at me from across the street. I start to walk down the side walk then I notice she is following me. I quicken my pace to a jog, then a run but she is still behind me, her pace has matched mine.
I duck into an alley way and hide behind the dumpster. I hear footsteps then I see a figure run right past me and around the corner. I breathe a sigh of relief. Suddenly I am thrown back behind the dumpster. Millions of thoughts run through my head. Are they going to do to me, what they did to my mother?
Until... she starts to reveal herself. First, I see the pink streaks then the face of a teenage girl she says,"James is unable to help you anymore they have already got to him".
So that day, I gave up trying to find the person who may have killed my mother. Whatever or whoever did it will pay?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!