The First Day

“There’s no need to worry bud, just think of it that you’re going to meet so many new friends,” said Grandpa Tim. Jonny was now a little bit more confident about school. Jonny was lucky he wasn’t at school when Grandpa was. “Go show me your school uniform Jonny.” “OK.” After a few minutes of waiting he came down. Grandpa Tim looked so proud. He loved it. Reuben wanted to leave so Jonny could go to bed but Grandpa said, “Sleepover.”
“All I want to do is to take Jonny to school on his first day,” Grandpa Tim replied. Reuben took a long hard think and finally said, “YES!” “Woohoo!” Grandpa Tim yelled, he was over the moon, he was jumping like a Kangaroo. Jonny mentioned, “I need some milk before bed.” “OK bud, I’ll get milk,” Grandpa replied. After that, we all went upstairs. Reuben tucked Jonny in and we all said, “Goodnight.”
In the morning, the toasty sun shone through the window, Jonny and Grandpa were downstairs having breakfast. Grandpa got Jonny in the car (which was a Nissan Micra) and started their way to school. Grandpa Tim played his weird 50’s music. Finally they got to school. Grandpa Tim got out with a creak and Jonny was getting nervous again. “Hey remember today… I mean yesterday?” Grandpa stated. “OK I’m fine,” Jonny replied. Then he sped off to school!
At 3:00pm, Rueben picked Jonny up, brought him home and… “Hi Grandpa.” “Hi mate, what did you do at School?” “Nothing!” “HAHHAHAHA!” everyone laughed their heads off. That must have been the best day ever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!