The Fly

It was after school when it happened. I was riding my bike home. I went and put my bike away and ‘poof!’ I was a fly. Wait a fff-fly!!!??? Oh no! Flies are not only annoying but you never know where they have been. [Ewww.] Well at least I could fly right? Hmmm, I’m not sure it is worth it though. What would my parents think of me!? Oh no, they would not know it was me. They would probably spray me or worse, whack me, and all my mini intestines would come out. I was panicking, I heard footsteps coming my way. Oh nooo, they’re here to kill me, nooooo!!!! I whooshed away before I was squashed. I’m flying, I’M FLYING!!! Wow it was sooo cool and amazing it was… Breathtaking. I had no words to describe what I was doing, but it was epic. I could hear other insects and things talking and other flies too. Then I had an idea. What if I went to my friend’s house and told her about my situation? When I got to my friend’s house, I went into her room. Wait what’s the time? 3:30pm, so she should be home. Ahh, there she is. I could see her coming into the room. I sat down on the windowsill. “Damn, there is an annoying fly in my room.” “Wait Lisa, don’t kill me, it’s me Luna.” “Wait, you talked, and you’re my friend?!” “Yes, it’s weird but somehow I turned into a fly.” “Really, that’s gross but I still accept you as my friend. But what are you going to do?”
“Well I have this machine and I can point it at something and I press a button and it copies the object, then I press a different button and it makes that object small, well fly size. I can also enlarge things too. I must of activated it somehow. I’m going to need your help.” “Wow that’s sooo cool.” “Yeah I know.” “Well you can stay with me and you can have a secret spot in my walk-in closet.” “Oh, thank you so much Lisa.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!