Oliver And Justin And The Secret Myth

“This is such a wonderful place, why would it be banned?” questioned Oliver’s best friend.
“Here’s why,” Oliver replied as he walked up to the destroyed dwellings, wrecked trees, and deserted parks. “This is a place I once called home. Home sweet home,” he smiled. “My dad said not to come here though, so promise you won’t tell a soul.” Mr. Roberts (Oliver’s dad) was a very wealthy man and did not like curious people. He was strict and tall, with a long cane he used to walk around with. He had a big round black hat with a red outline.
“Okay so do you have the blanket I asked you to bring?” Oliver asked
“Of course, do you really think it will work? It’s just a legend,” replied Justin. “It’s worth a shot, what could go wrong?” Oliver exclaimed with as much enthusiasm possible. Oliver raced to the abandoned hall as fast as his legs could carry him, Justin followed. What journey could his friend have to offer today? Would it be hiking up the hills of Mount Everest, to scavenging across quicksand?
They walked in out of breath into a large room full of grand antiques, precious treasures and a suspicious amount of paintings. “Where are we?” questioned Justin expecting an answer. His best friend went to the middle of the area. “Please hand me the blanket,” said Oliver. Justin handed him the blanket, Oliver placed it down and sat down Justin followed. They crossed their legs in hope of finding out the truth between the legend. Will they be able to summon such an awful creature? They sat quietly.
Not long after a gigantic creature emerged from the hall. Justin stared in horror, was this the adventure that ended it all? Was he going to die? Not carefully thinking, Justin watched as the 3 eyed monster dashed after him. Oliver rushed to save his friend. He didn't want to be responsible for his death, or his own. “What just happened?” asked Justin still with horror.
“No time to talk,” replied Oliver still running with Justin. They had to get out of this mess, find a way somehow, somewhere to stop this creature before it headed towards Roberts town. Yes, the town is named after Oliver's dad, but that's another story. Somehow the monster managed to destroy Oliver's home more, even though it was already such a horrid place.
Oliver and Justin dodged as the creature's tentacles wrapped around anything in its way in hope of destroying it to get to Oliver and Justin more easily. They had no choice, they couldn't lead the monster to Home. It can't end up looking like this. Justin is usually faster than Oliver, although today, he was scared, he couldn't run and that's when it got to him. The ferocious beast quickly leapt up to grab Justin. Was this really how he would die?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!