Sand Dunes

One day there was this girl who was a tourist. She said look at the sand dunes there are some small ones and some tall. The short sand dunes smell like salt and the tall ones don’t smell like salt. The tall and small sand dunes were all tolerant and so were the tall ones but the short sand dunes were green and dull, but the tall sand dunes were bright green.
Sandboarding on the sand dunes leave footprints, when some people go sand boarding they leave their rubbish there for other people to pick up and that is not good. When the rain comes and hits the sand dunes weeds start growing in the sand. You are not allowed to go sandboarding on the sand dunes. Because you could get hurt really badly. Sometimes people built shaks on top of the sand dunes. AT the front of the sand dunes the vegetation was short and dull coloured. Because the vegetation is near the water, it had to be salt tolerant. The main colour of the vegetation was a lot taller. The sand dunes have leaf litter and in front of it is just sand. The fore dune is most susceptible to damage because of tourist walking on the sand dunes. Some tourist do things like collect plants or ride down the sand dunes on a board which will damage the dunes. Behind the sand dunes is safer because it is more secluded and it has man made paths to protect it. The vegetation can be affected by the shaks above the sand dunes. Another reason it is the fore dune it’s because of the wind and the spray from the ocean.
The fore dune doesn’t have much vegetation on the fore dune. After the fore dune the vegetation gets dense to about one metre high. We found a nappy in the scrub. Out of the back of the river dune, the scrub gets taller and less salt resistant. They have traps holding back the sand and the erosion. The long shore drift is from the west to east. The waves are thirty centimetres. Did you know that swash is stronger than backwash?
Next to the river the erosion control measures where the pathway is there are barriers for the sand and signs for the tourist. This erosion control was necessary because it keeps the sand dunes stable and the vegetation will stay a lot healthier. These methods are effective because the vegetation will continue to keep growing healthier and then the sand dunes will stay stable. After that very day the tourist are still sandboarding happily, and the vegetation will grow beautifully and the girl will be living close to the sand dunes. Everyone was happy sandboarding and the manager said to the customers” don’t forget to bring your rubbish with you when you have finished having fun sandboarding”? exclaimed the manager.
They all have a picture of the of the sand dunes they now live happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!