Feeling Blue?

There was this bird. A blue one, like a close relative of a jay bird. He fell out the nest during a storm. His mamma wasn't there, but the bird kept calling out, and chirping for his mother. There was no response. The storm moved on to another part of the country, leaving the little blue bird all alone and sad. The bird had no home and didn't know how to fly. He just wanted a family so bad. Maybe he could find a family, just maybe.
Little Blue Bird had been walking for so long, his little twig legs were so sore, and he was starting to give up hope. A car rushed by and nearly knocked him down. Then another car and another. He had made it to the city. Little blue bird could hear the chime of bells and the sounds of conversations. It was all so new to the bird and he was so amazed he was almost trodden on. The owner of the feet stood still and turned around, reaching to pick the little blue bird up. It was sunny and he could barely see the person. The bird was put in the person's pocket. The pocket belonged to a young man named William Murdach who lived alone and thought that perhaps this bird might be his new friend. He never had friends because of the big scar on his face he received after a childhood mishap and he has never been the same ever since.
The bird was so happy when the man took him out of his pocket and put him on the bench in his small apartment. The man smiled. “I’m going to call you… Blue. Yes, Blue will suit you well. My name is William.”
Blue and William lived a happy life together, keeping each other company. They did everything together. You would find them eating together, laughing together, and creating memories to last a long time. There was never a dull day and there was always sunshine. They were soulmates.
Blue and William were having a nice conversation, neither one understanding the other. Blue was perched on the windowsill and William in his chair. Suddenly a great gust of wind blew Blue off the windowsill and out on the street below. He tried to fly and flap his little wings, but he did not go anywhere, only down. He fell eight stories and broke his wings. He was bleeding out and would not live. William looked out the window and saw his little friend laying on the concrete. He was devastated.
Blue smiled in his final hours knowing he’d had a great life with William. He found a family and that’s all he needed.
Blue died. William rushed over to Blue and picked up his lifeless body. He had lost his only friend. William lived out the rest of his life alone. He never found another Blue, he never found anyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!