Zachary

In Asia there are billions of people that may live in home or without a home, no money, no parents and nothing to eat. Most of these people live in India. Some of these people don't get a choice, but they have dreams to go to school or to live with a roof, but they have hardly enough money to do these things. This is a story about a boy that could only dream of these things.

This story is about a boy about thirteen years old that lives in India, he does not know how old he is or his given name, but he calls himself Zachary. He lives by himself no parents, no money and lakes the basic needs.

One day he goes into a shop to steal something to eat, but as he is doing this he is stopped as he walking out the door, Zachary tries to get out of the man's grip but is not strong enough. The man takes him to his car and he drives of with Zachary to a house, the man talks to a woman at the door steep. Zachary thinks that they are going to help him, but that is not what happend. The man got back into the car, he drives for a while to they get to the police. Zachary gets out of the car and is taken in side, but as soon as the man who drove him there goes the police through Zachary back on the streets, were he started.

Zachary would love to go to school, so he tries one day, he sneaks through the gates and into a random class room stays there for a few minutes, but a student spots him, stares then screams saying “who is this, you are not meant to be here, get out now, go!” After the scream, security comes in, picks Zachary up and throws him outside the gates again. In his head he thought “ if only I had the money to go to school!’’

Another day he was walking on the street and he saw a truck that was empty, so he hoped in it. A few minutes later he was moving through the countryside, mountains and cities. He had never seen those things before so he was happy and for the first time he could not feel the hurt in his heart.Then the truck stopped at a rice farm.

The truck driver saw him there and was surprised, then another man came out and started to talk to him but he could only understand a few words that he was saying. Then a woman came out and said words that he could understand. She said that he could stay if he worked for here.

A few years went past and he had enough money to go to school. He got an education and was able to get a job as a mechanic and was well paid.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!