Tennis... here we come

TENNIS… HERE WE COME!!!!!
One sunny afternoon there was a little girl called Alexandra and a little boy called Simon. They both dreamed of meeting their tennis hero, Lleyton Hewitt!!
They knew how to play tennis so well that they could play a real game. They were both walking down the street when they saw that there were two tickets on a sports window to see a tennis match and if you got the lucky number you got to see Lleyton Hewitt LIVE. “Oh my gosh I so have to a ticket” cried Alexandra. “Me too!” said Simon. So they went home to see if there parents would let them have those tickets.

Alexandra wasn’t allowed to have those two tickets. “But Mummy I know how to play tennis and I play tennis!” she cried. “Owww.. I bet Simon’s having better luck”. When Simon got home he asked his parents but they said no. “But I know how to play it and all about it!”

The next day they saw each other at school. “So did your parents let you have a ticket?” asked Alexandra. “No, did yours?” he replied.
“No”.
“It’s so unfair we both know how to play tennis and all about it” said Simon.
“I know”. Said Alexandra “We need a plan”.
“Oh yeh?” said Simon.

The next day Alexandra came to Simon’s house. “So what’s the plan Simon?” asked Alexandra. “I don’t know?” he replied.
Well,” said Alexandra. “Maybe we should get my parents and get your parents to watch us play a game of tennis”.
“But where do we play it?” answered Simon.
“Well we could play it at my back yard” said Alexandra. “We have a tennis net and a tennis bats”.
“That will be great.” replied Simon.

When it was time for Alexandra to leave she went to ask her parents if Simon and her could play a game of tennis.
“Of course dear, but where are you going to play it?” said her Dad.
“In our back garden. We have a tennis net!” said Alexandra.
“If that’s what you want it’s fine with me”. Said her Dad.

The next day Alexandra asked Simon if he could come over to her house.
“So can you?” asked Alexandra.
“My Mum said it was a fantastic idea” Simon replied.
“Yes”!!!!!!!!!!” they said.
So the next day Alexandra put the tennis net up and got the tennis racket out. “There.” she said. “All done”.
In a couple of hours Simon came over. “So are you ready?” Alexandra said.
“As ready as I can ever be”!
“Great” said Alexandra. “Mum, Dad!” said Simon and Alexandra.
Both of their parents came and sat on the chairs. “Ready Steady Go!” screamed Alexandra’s Mum. So off they went. It went on, and on, and on until the scores were 25 to 25. “Well done.” said Simon’s Dad. “Good game.” said Alexandra. Their parents smiled and got them the tickets. Maybe, just maybe they would get to meet their hero Lleyton!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!