Camp Green Lake

It was a burning hot day at Camp Green Lake. Ben was digging a deep hole with group D, with Josh and Zippy. It was very late in the afternoon.

Ben used to be a bully, but now he wasn't. He was a criminal. He looked fat and had blonde hair and he was playing with his hair while he was digging. He hated digging holes because he didn't like getting dirty.

Zippy had brown spiky hair and big brown eyes, he was a tall boy for a 12 year old. He stopped digging to fill his canteen with water from the tap. He gulped it down in a flash and ran off to the bathroom. He came running back, shouting at Ben, "Why did you fill my canteen with worms and snails?" said Zippy in an angry mood.
"Don't blame me, I just dropped it," said Ben.

Mr Sir found Ben not digging his hole and Ben had to dig one that was 23 metres in length and 23 metres in width.

"You are not good at digging holes," said Zippy. And then he whacked the campers on the head with his hand.
"Don't whack us ON THE HEAD," the grumpy campers said to Zippy, while he was tipping Ben's canteen out.

Suddenly they heard a big bang. The campers all turned around to find Ben had collapsed on the ground and had fallen into his own hole and was covered in dirt.

Mr Sir gasped as he fell. As Ben hit the ground, he noticed blood everywhere. Mr Sir yelled for the Warden to come in her water truck to collect Ben.

Ben was lifted into the back of the ute head first and covered with a blanket. Suddenly, about one kilometre away from camp, Ben started to wake up and felt the bumpy road underneath as they got closer to Camp Green Lake.

He looked over the blanket to see the Warden driving the truck. He suddenly had an idea. He threw the blanket off and climbed onto the roof of the ute.

"Good plan, Ben," said Zippy.
"Thank you old buddy old pal."

And it was bright and happy night at Camp Green Lake. It was very happy night, that night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!