Next Generation

The eye blinding sun struck my window and in the background I heard the deafening noise of the alarm on my computer coming from the bunker below. I sprang out of bed and darted across to open the bulky door leading into my under feet bunker.

I rushed over to my data processor and I decoded the extraterrestrial life digital transmission. The letter read these words “the invasion starts 21st of March 3005”. that’s tomorrow. I immediately fled upstairs to my S.W.A.T Van.

I sped off to the famous Las Vegas Nevada national police station but it was clogged up with people abandoning the city in search of a safe place and the word had got out that an alien invasion was on course.

I traveled 3.5 hours to get to the under feet bunker to meet with with sergeant Sir Lucas Jeff the 3rd and President William. We spent the day frantically coming up with to stop the apocalypse from occurring. At some point we collapsed with exhaustion.

It was 4.30am, my eyes suddenly burst open I sprinted across to the main lobby . The President and the Sergeant were as white as a sheet and their jaws were nearly hitting the ground. I scurried over to get a glimpse at what had happened. They were both stiff and frozen. It was then I heard a deafening sound, it knocked me to my knees. It was the unmistakable sound of extraterrestrial life.

The sound stopped but I knew I had and I quickly bounced up and bolted to the elevator.

Then I saw it. I thought I was hallucinating. I saw blood curdling terrifying mysterious figures galloping after me. I quickly took shelter in a massive hotel. I was hiding between the reception desk and the restaurant when I saw the cracked shifty hotel door creek open. I heard the patterning of footsteps and the beat of my heart raised and started beating a million miles per hour . I had goosebumps all over my body. I was shaking my knees started to quiver but I knew the slightest peep could kill me. Then I heard the door to the VIP lounge slam shut.

l took my chances and crawled down the stairwell but then I heard some sort of chatting and I knew it was only a few seconds before that door shut again so i dashed to the over to the emergency exit. I took a quick glance at was behind me i saw raging flames then i slammed the door and I used some metal to barricade the door.

I jotted away a few hundred meters the gravel was covered in dust and debris and the beautiful white walls where now stained in a demonising red colour ashes and building materials covered the poor bodies of the innocent it was 5.30am my eyes stang my legs where quivering I fumes and smoke hit my nose

‘is that's human’‘of course’ we’ll get him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!