Yin And Yang

Yin and yang. Black and white. There is a dark side to every one of us. I unfortunately, have taken the path of despair, the true meaning of miserable. The rest of humanity, with much regret, crossed from the life of happiness and peace to as I previously stated the path of death itself, to join me.
I very much wish they hadn’t. For with every mistake comes a greater consequence.
My story is a sad one, and I hope with all my heart that you can find it within you to forgive me. Many would say it was not my fault, but deep down I know that what they tell me simply, isn’t true. My crime was no smaller than sucking out the very light and colour out of the Earth, and leaving only despair behind.
That story however, is for another time. Today, I wish only to speak of how I managed to save the hope that was supposed to be gone. This story I have told many moons ago. And now to my joy, I am able to tell it again…
Death. Hopelessness. Those were the things that ruled in those days. I was the leader; the very definition of fear and superiority. I was the most treacherous thief and bandit in the entire world, and I was the loneliest one as well. I had only one companion, a black horse, Shadow. No longer did the sun shine bright. No longer did the waves crash. No. Shadow and I were alone, like the rest of humanity. Love was gone. I know I said I could fix it, but, I couldn’t. No one can. Can you? The true reason I wrote this is to wake up the humans that surround me and hope, with all I have left, that they can succeed where I failed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!