FBI's Most Wanted

1989 USA
The wind howls, the leaves flow making a racket. The stones are cold under my feet. The house is large, the paint is coming off the walls and the floorboards are cracked. I see an old stone chimney bellowing out smoke, the air is filled with soot. The smoke makes me cough, it smells bad. I feel cold and afraid. The tree sways, the house has a candle flickering. I hear screams and run away.
I run home as fast as I can. I leap into bed and shiver all night. The next day I did research on the house. It was wiped from the database so I grabbed an AK-47 and left not knowing I forgot the bullets. When I got there the house was empty so I had a snoop around. I had to find photos, but whoever he was, he didn’t want to be known. But anyway, after an hour, there was only one place left. THE BASEMENT. I started to walk down the stairs when I heard a rough voice behind me, “What ya doing in me basement boy?”
Startled, I turn around. An old, wet grumpy man about 8 feet tall was towering over me, he was carrying a chest under his arm and wearing a wetsuit. I did the one thing I could think of. I punched him in the groin and ran down the stairs. He hunched over in excruciating pain as I bolted in fear. He limped after me, "Get out of me treasure grotto!” he yelled. “A grotto, that sounds interesting,” I thought as I ran into a wall to floor net, the last thing I saw was Viking treasure, then everything went black.
The man had me caught in a blindfold, and a straitjacket. So I made a plan first. I asked him, “What do you drink?” “I drink coffee, in fact you made me thirsty stay there.” Once he lumbered off, I escaped the straitjacket and removed the blindfold and… Ran. I ran and ran and ran all the way to the Cop’s Station. I told them my story and they told me no one lives there but I was too stubborn to listen. I told them to “Prove it then,” so the Officer came and arrested the dude and apparently he was the FBI MOST WANTED for murder, theft and unlicensed driving.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!