The First Day At School

The First Day At School

I woke up from my sleep. I realized that it was my first day at school. I was really scared, but I was going to make sure that this was the best first day at school ever. I got all my school clothes and put them on. I packed my lunch, put it in my bag and I said goodbye to my mum, dad and my bird.

I walked to school. I was so nervous, but also excited at the same time. I was getting close to the school. I reached the school gate. I had never been so scared in my life, but there was a nice lady called Dr Healy, she was the principal of the school. Then I saw all the other people in the school that made me really scared again, but I would make sure that I have the best day ever.

The bell rang, so I quickly lined up. After the second bell my teacher came but before we could go to are classroom, the principal, Dr Healy was going to introduce all the new kids. She wanted us to say something about all of ourself. The first one was me and I could not believe it, but I really did want people to know just a bit about me. So I went up the stairs and I said that I love dogs, birds and cats then I went down the stairs and back in the line.

All of the class said something about them self and then the teacher lead us to our classroom. It was really nice. I think that I will make some friends. Maybe or maybe not, it depends what people think of me and want to be my friend. It is not my decision but now let's get back to my first day at school. My teacher her name was Mrs Finney she was really kind. The first activity that the class did was drawing. We did 2 hours, but it was so much fun. We got to use coloured markers and coloured pencil.I was not that good at drawing though.

Then we had recess. All kids,including me, went to the playground.It was really cool and I had lots of fun. Then the bell rang to line up. We went back inside the classroom. The next activity for 2 hours was going outside to play tiggy all together as a class. I believe by playing tiggy, it was a chance to know each other when we are not it. Then the lunch bell rang, we all went outside to play. Then the bell rang so we all went back in the classroom. Then the last activity was having free time.The last bell rang to go home and I walked home.that was the best first day of school ever.

By Iskra

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!