Test Subject 21

SNAP! BOOM! HOWL!
In the vicinity of a dilapidated nuclear factory of destruction that housed disgusting vermin, hazardous vagabonds and superfluous items, an adventurous lad was surreptitiously foraging in the thick, dense foliage exactly two metres to the left of the monstrous factory hoping to find his lost car key so he could get back to his home. Amusing Andy’s heart was thumping as frantically as a pair of bongo drums the instance he espied an esoteric phenomenon in the distance; a peculiar, blue orb with purple mist glowing off of it. Without trepidation, he expeditiously bolted over to it so he could obtain it. “Well now,” murmured Andy disappointedly, “this is quite the surprising revelation.”

Andy was a corpulent, lengthy young lad in his late teens with jet blonde hair that undulated serenely in the tranquil breeze contrived by a harmless storm. As the luminescent lustre of the blood moon shone down upon him, his icy blue eyes simultaneously skimmed the barren landscape akin to a cunning eagle stealthily stalking its unfortunate prey. In order to retrieve the ominous orb, he had to procure the sword of courage and defeat raven the dark mage of hell that could bring the dead back to life and also obliterate anything in his path.

Just beyond a pristine river that contained minute tadpoles, injured fish and horrible sharks, Andy perceived the ear-splitting snarls of some type of nuclear creature that was a test subject back in 1988 in an underground lab beneath the factory that the growls came from. Out of the blue, the repugnant fragrance of gorilla intestines and fish guts wafted past his delicate nasal passage that blocked up immediately when the repulsive stench appeared. A ghastly premonition of doom, gloom and despair permeated the desolate atmosphere around him.

THUD! THUMP! ROAR!
Behind a decrepit pile of rubble that was once a used in a house with wealthy owners that had a tragic death and their souls started to haunt the area so a pack of workers knocked it down, a vile creature with long sharp fangs with blood dripping off of them, claws the size of rulers and the plasma of his previous victims was sneakily preparing to ambush Andy for his delicious dinner. All of a sudden, the beast had hastily scrambled over to him. “How on this mysterious earth,” stuttered Andy with fright, “will I escape this mess manufactured by this malevolent creature unscathed?

Out of nowhere, Raven had teleported to Andy and the destructive beast and summoned a fire red lightning bolt. In a flash, the beast had been destroyed and never to be seen again. Relieved and grateful, he cheerfully sauntered back to the factory and decided to not fight Raven to get inside, but instead get assistance. Then, Raven betrayed Andy and shot lightning at him... “Oh no, ” muttered Andy miserably, “I think this is my end...” And Andy was never seen again...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!