Elementals

Aeris stifled a yawn as her mother gossiped with the other goddesses, her words lost to Aeris. Her flowing, violet dress lashed at her pale legs as wind soared in through the open windows. She squirmed in her cushioned chair, fascinated by the chandelier when a goddess began to speak to her. Aeris frowned as her words became blurred and her vision started to spin. The room before her faded, being replaced with white stone columns patterned with vines as she teleported away. A small pond sat in the centre of the room and marble stairs led down to a vast forest. The three other elementals stood around the pond with Aeris.
“Hello!” Fenix exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Valanche and Aquira.
“Greetings, I have terrible news,” began Valanche, shrugging off the fire elemental. “The god of death, Disaris, has set his sights on Earth and means to destroy it. Meet me at Sunmaple Forest at dawn if you want Earth to live.” With that, she vanished.
“See y’all later.” Fenix disappeared, and soon Aquira joined him. Aeris sighed and willed herself to Earth.

Aquira marvelled at the beauty of the maple forest surrounding her, her oars slicing the calm river’s surface. Red leaves drifted down onto the water as birds sang. Small fish glided through the clear water while clouds danced overhead. Aquira sighed, dreading the task ahead. Unpleasant rumours of Disaris had whispered throughout the Realm of Gods, spreading like a plague.
“Hey! Water girl!” a familiar voice called from the river bank. Aquira swivelled around to see Fenix dashing along the grass, his orange jacket and hair flying out behind him.
“Let me come with you!” he yelled, panting. Aquira glanced ahead of her and her blood went cold.
“No need,” she replied grimly. “We’re here.”

Valanche unsheathed her gleaming silver daggers as she strode onto the field, her brown boots kicking up the dirt. Wind roared around her, announcing Aeris’s arrival. Valanche’s brown hair lashed at her face, despite being tied back high on her head. As her green eyes gazed over at the calm river, she saw Aquira in her silver dress-like armour wielding a long-sword, advance towards the dark figure awaiting them, Fenix running after her, his long orange jacket whipping out behind him. Disaris stood in the centre of the plain. Grass withered all around him as black fire sparked in his hands.
“We’ll beat him.” Aeris strolled next to Valanche, who nodded.
“Ready?” Valanche replied, glaring at Disaris. Aeris nodded.
“Then let’s go.” Valanche charged down the slope with Aeris close behind her. Aquira and Fenix began to race towards Disaris as well. Aeris fired arrows as she ran. Walls of black fire met them. Valanche swung her daggers and drew up chunks of earth with her magic, flinging them at Disaris. Shards of ice and fire rushed to meet them boosted by wind. They connected with his chest. Life faded out of him, sending him back to the Realm of Gods.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!