The Abandoned Classroom

The ABANDONED classroom

I turned up at my old dark and abandoned school where no one has been here since the fire. “Well here we are”, As I walk in with my friend Emma, we both struggle to open the doors with wood behind it like its guarding it and telling us ‘go back’ but we walk in anyway.

Every step we take we’re walking on glass. “I can’t believe I’ve came here” I say as I pock my head into my classroom then walk in with Emma behind me. I wave my arm in front of my face, coughing from the smoke and dust. I turn to see Emma, she’s coughing too I look around the dark small room, I see Emma looking at the timeworn class photo. A small cold tear runs down her cherry like cheeks she looks at me then looks down to her feet in disgrace. Emma goes back into the car and listens to music as I get my notebook and start to write about the classroom for my job. I start to write about the old burnt desks the broken windows then look outside the broken window and stares down at the 50-foot building, I remember where I first saw the fire… just outside this one window.

I look to the other window and see… nothing… my car was gone and along with EMMA I start to panic and ran down the stairs “AHHH” I tumble down the stairs I’m now sitting at the bottom of the stairs doing my shoelace now running again reaching to the door but… its blocked. I start banging on the door then find a note its Emma’s hand writing it says ‘ I’ll be back I’m just getting you and I a drink from Emma ’ I take a big breath in and out then looked at the scratches I got from the tumble. I hear a car pull up… my car I jump up in joy and opens the door at once to see… a police man and Emma? “uh hello officer, what can I help you with?” I say confused as I look at Emma in hand cuffs “well ma’am she stole a diamond ring” says the officer with Emma moving to get out. I see Emma mouth ‘I’m sorry’ then she steps on the officer’s foot and runs for her life into the bushes. The officer looks at me and says “why are you here even?” “umm well it’s my job” I reply, he nods his head and turns back to his car and drives off I see Emma mouthing ‘come’, I shack my head. I grab my sleeping bag and lay it down inside of my dark cold classroom and rest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!