My Katana Blade

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

My heart stops. I hold back tears. The beast towers over my nimble body. I’m numb with fear as a chill runs down my back. The roars of the rocky beast echos through the misty cave. The cave trembles as rocks bowl down the sides of the cave towards the water
edge. The only thing that can beat this beast is my katana’s blade. My swift swing at the beast legs, ripping it’s scales. My hands glimmer with power as I slice through the rocky skin. The beast cries for help as it falls to the ground with a loud shriek. The beast takes its last breath as its teeth tremble.
The rocks of the dark cave stab into the lifeless body. A white pool of blood emerges from the corpse.The light gleams against my blade as I step out of the treacherous cave. The sun beams down to the ground. The birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming, though the world will never see the corpse of the beast in that deep cave. I stop to look around, cleanse my blade and go along with my day.
“Hm...anyone out here?” I ask. No response. I assume that he is drunk again, so I proceed to go through the gloomy forest. I come across countless lifeless trees and animals.
“Don't turn around or get shot” A man's voice echoes behind me.
“Hugh?” I innocently respond. He breathes heavily, I hear footsteps behind me as he approaches.
“Drop the loot” I drop my money and pendent. He inches further to pick up the money.
As he bends down I swing my katana behind me, slicing his head off. Causing blood to leak from his missing throat.
“Don't do that again” I say as I pick my things up and cleanse my blade for one last time.
His corpse sits and rots as I walk towards the horizon. The sun sets and the grass freezes. The day turns to night as I walk on the light shining against my dark coat.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!