Kokoda

The mist swirled around me. Gunshots rang through the forest. The Kokoda track was alive with war. No one was safe. Why was this happening? Why in the world? My life had been perfect with my beautiful wife Celine, and with my daughter Mia. Until I was packed into a boat like a piece of garbage into a bin, and sent away. They gave me a gun and told me to kill. I was going to kill, and I was going to die. I knew that. It was a simple fact. As I ran behind a tree my world seemed to go into slow motion. I saw a bullet whirling through the air before me. My lips whispered the words “Mia,” and before I closed my eyes for the last time, I heard the word ‘Daddy’ repeated a thousand times in my head.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!