War Life

Hello. This is most likely a waste of time to write but I am doing it anyway. I am a 18 year old girl born within a war. The war may of past but the scars are still visible here in Japan. 18 years ago on the 6 of November just mere days after the war started. Most people forget what it was like when they were born but mine is something I can’t put out of my mind. I remember all the noise and seeing the panic on everyone’s faces. It is very painful to think about. I have nothing, no family, no friends just nothing. There is very little to write here but I will try my best to use all the paper in this diary. I don’t want to waste this even though it is to be burned. Well let me start at the basics. My name is Senso Jui. My name originates from Japan meaning War Veterinarian. Well let’s star from the basics. I have dirty blond hair with lavender eyes. Yes unusual I understand. I have my hair put into buns with some hair out. I normally change clothes of course but my Iconic look is well… Also very unusual. It is ripped socks that go just past my knees with a white skirt with a slit on the side, a sleeveless top with triangles cutting off the bottom of my top along with sneakers. I also have a eyepatch covering my left eye for personal reasons. Well I don’t really have much space to write but I will try. I will start from when I was 12. The war was the worst then. My mother and I went out to try to get some food as we were low on stock. My mother went out of her way to protect me when a gunman shot at us. A bullet went into my eye but my mother had it worse. Way worse. She got shot in the heart and all I could see was her fall to the ground with no sign of life. I managed to get the food but the struggle was worse getting back to home. Now my farther. He left my life at a very young age to go fight the war. I never knew him well but he is my father. The thing is, I think he is the one who shot my mother in the first place, the one who didn’t love me…? That does matter… KARE WA FUANTEINA CHICHIOYADESU! (HE IS A TERRIBLE FATHER!) Well… I guess this was stress relieving. Maybe I should write in more diaries? Well This one was the test. It will be burnt tomorrow.
Senso Jui

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!