Legend Of The Sea Adder

Chapter 1
The disease

Hannah lay on her back turning her head side to side muttering the words “The Sea Adder” over and over. Her nightmare was horrifying. She was surrounded by dead people. All of who she knew. Hannah sat up with her eyes watering and legs shaking. She tried to clear her mind by looking out her old crooked bedroom window. Staring out into the mist she could make out shapes of the other old wooden shapes of the village houses. They stood on brown dirt that had not been watered by rain for about 5 years now. It was a very sad sight to see. Hannah lay back down on her stiff mattress and stared at the black pointed roof. She could hear her younger sister coughing loudly. She could hear her mother going out the door to collect food. This couldn’t go on forever. Hannah made her mind up that she would stop the long drought and find a cure to this dangerous disease. But first she would get some sleep for the long day ahead. Little did she know, it was going to be full of surprises along the way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!