Save The Last Dance

Everything I’ve done in the past years all led up to this moment. All the sacrifices I’ve made in my life, friendship problems and tough times with my family. Going through the steps of my dance for the thousandth time, I’m still thinking I will make a wrong turn. I can’t let anyone down, especially my dance teacher who’s done everything she can to help me come to this moment. My hair is pulled into a tight wet bun. It stretches my face which is caked with makeup. Girls around me are shaking their hands and pacing the floor doing breathing exercises. While I’m wiping my sweaty hands on my sparkly purple costume, the host calls my name. I take three deep breaths while I take the gleaming stage.

The world slips into slow motion as I enter from out of the wings with my head held high and my body as straight as a ruled line. A loud burst of cheers erupt in the auditorium. I position myself in my starting pose more ready than ever. As the gentle sound of music sways across the elegant room, I shift my body, moving like a swan, delicately and graciously around the timber floorboards. I’m concentrating so hard on the steps, not forgetting a single move. The crowd fades away - I’m lost in my dancing, like no one is around and I’m the only one in the world. The music comes to a sudden halt, as a huge applause echoes across the stage. People are shouting my name as I rotate my head up, rejoining reality and confronting the thousands of people watching me.

A proud smile lights up my face. I treasure every moment. I will miss this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!