Kody's Journey


Kody has suffered from a Coronary Heart Disease ever since she was a infant. Kody has never been able to leave her country, because of the disease and has never met her parents. Kody has lived with her Grandparents since she was a infant, because her Mother is a drug addict and she has never met her Father, but now her grandparents are older and are both in a retirement home, because Kody can’t look after them all of the time.

Kody started university last semester, and is studying to become a nurse. Kody boards at university and visits her Grandparents on weekends at the retirement home, until her Grandad suffered from a heart attack and was transported to the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Kody and her Grandmother had to make the decision to turn off his life support after he hadn't woken up, after two months.

Kody went back to university to finish her course, after she knew that her Grandmother was safe and coping with her Grandfather's passing.

Kody finished her final year of university in 2017, and went on to work a the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Kody hadn’t recently suffered any major issues, Kody went to her doctor regularly, for checks of her heart.

On the 31 of May 2018, Kody suffered a shortage of breath and pain in between her ribs, a coworker noticed her cringing in pain over a table, and took her to emergency. Kody was hooked up to monitors, blood tests were taken and a lot of doctors asked her many questions.
Kody spent three days in hospital on monitors, monitoring her heart.

Kody read a lot of magazines and books, while she was in hospital. Kody talked a lot to the doctor who came in every three hours, his name was Jax. Jax seemed to care a lot, and the two got to know each other really well, and had a lot in common. Kody was released from hospital, her prescription medicine was increased to lower the risk of a heart attack. Kody was able to return to work, but was ordered to be careful and not overwork.

Jax seemed to be around more than usual, and Kody caught him looking at her multiple times during her lunch breaks. The two began to sit together almost everyday at lunch, and grew closer and got to know each other more and more.

Kody hasn't suffered from any more pain since the 31st, she is now one of the head nurses and has moved in with Jax.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!