A Current Wave

As I feel the dusty hot sand trickle between my toes, I realise families are beginning to dive into the water one by one, and head in to the depth of the crystal clear ocean. Someone little in particular was heading out at midday at the alarming time of the dangerous current. But I, Will, didn’t think enough about it. I’ve got short wavy brown hair, and bright blue eyes. Also I am a life saver at Coastal Bay. As the person (who looks like a girl) dived down, a gigantic thrashing wave spawned out of nowhere; and there she was, getting sucked out because of the ocean current. The wave silently came up above her and she slowly and steadily turned around and gazed with a look so terrified at the huge ripple that was rising. She suddenly goes under, the wave is going to crash, now she’s struggling to keep her breath... I scramble into the just warm water with a spare life jacket and kicking my legs ferociously at the oceans water. I reach the little girl and wrap my arms around her tightly while I pull the life jacket over her head. “SWOOOSSHHH!” The wave crashes just a second after I buckle her up.The wave has passed and now the currents getting weaker so I start stroking back to shore. I can feel the deep scared breaths of the girl, going in... And out... We reach the shore and a woman who had curly long blonde hair and bright blue eyes, exactly the same as the little girl. The woman came running over and the girl wraps her arms around her. “Thank you! Thank you!” Cried the woman. “Lizzy you could have drowned back there, what do you need to say?” Wept the woman who was obviously the girls mum. “Thank you very, very much,” the girl said shyly. “Just doing my job!” I replied VERY, VERY, Proudly!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!