Game Trap

Game Trap
Chapter 1
“ Yes! I won again!”
“It’s unfair you always win! You’re like the poker king!”
“Okay- how about we play uno?”
“Sure. I’ll get it out. Hey Henry- do the uno cards look a bit weird to you?”
“Yes they do look a bit unusual. Should we ask mum?”
“Matt! Henry! You okay down there?”
“Yes mum!”
“I got some cake for you guys to eat? It’s a chocolate ripple cake- your favourite!”
“We’re coming!”
“Matt? Do you think we should take the cards or leave them? They’re quite suspicious.”
“I think we should take them.”

Chapter 2

“We’re going to go back downstairs. And by the way the chocolate ripple cake was amazing!”
“Aww! Thank you! Goodbye kids- I am going to work. I’ll be back at 6. Don’t do anything dangerous!”
“Ok Mum! We will be here!”
“Hey what should we do?”
“I say we investigate the cards.”
“I say the best way to do that is with a game!”
“Yes!”

Chapter 3

Ok, a blue 5. Oh! A blue 1! Put it down...
“What’s happening!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?”
“Henry? Henry? Where are you!? Henry! This is not funny!”
If I put a card down maybe I’ll know! Actually, maybe I shouldn’t, oh no I should, no I’m not, oh fine, I’ll do it but I doubt it will work!
Okay here goes!
“AHHH!
Where am I? Where is Henry? Did he travel here too? There he is!
Henry! Where are we? What happened? Are you okay? What are we going to eat? Where are we going to sleep? What are we going to were? How do we get…”
“Wow! Slow down mate! This kind gentleman has explained everything.”
“Well, this pixie from our land, he got into your house, he thought your uno cards was his, he took them and when he got back I saw them so I snuck into his house took his and put them in your cupboard. I knew that they would take you here and then I could explain everything. I am so sorry about all off this! I hope you can forgive me!”
“I do but where are we?”


Chapter 4

Right now you are in game land. Every 3 days we change game. Currently we have uno. The uno people came yesterday, they are leaving tomorrow.
Are you one of the uno people?
No, no! I work here! I help people bring their luggage in, clean the rooms, run the shops and introduce people to new games.
Cool!
Yes, I really like my job! Anyway your brother said that you guys need to be back by 6. Oh! I can’t believe I did it again! I keep on doing it! I am so sorry I didn’t introduce myself! Hi! I am Slobber Fan.
What are your names?
I’m Matt and this is Henry and yes, we really do need to get home.
And you will, in Game Trap 2! See you there!











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!