Magic Park

Faster and faster he spun, until it felt like he would soar off into the sky at any moment.The park around him became a blur of green, a smudge of green paint covering Derek's eyes. He gripped onto the seat with every muscle in his body, gritting his teeth as he concentrated on retaining his balance.Little did Derek know that this ride was unlike any other in the playground. When the ride reached top speed, something magical happened… Derek had been transported to a battle field in space but there wasn't any guns or bombs there was just beams of light, he thought this seemed familiar because it should have because it was just intergalactic lazer tag but if you ran out of lives you died in real life. The next moment Derek saw a big beam of light heading straight toward him, he tried to get out of the way but he just spun the playground toy and then he felt the exact same feeling as he had felt before and then he had been transported to a magical place in the clouds. All of his surroundings were white and they made calm noises like a waterfall but then he realised it was a waterfall ad he was about to fall of the side of it, he paddled as fast as he could but the water spun the ride and he started to pick up speed and then he felt the same feeling he had the first time accept this time he wasn't transported to a place he was transported to his thoughts, his thoughts were in little bubbles, it took him awhile to find what he was looking for but he found the thought of what the heck was going on. When he looked into the bubble he saw that the playground that he played on was magical and that when he spun backwards everything would be back to normal.The thing was he didnt know which way was backwards,he hopped on the toy and started to spin one way but the moment he started to spin he didn't know if it was the right way the right way, the only thing he wondered was were he was going to go next. After a while of spinning he got spit out onto a dark and treacherous place,he realised that he had been transported to the evil woods next to his town were the wicked old witch, he was so scared but then it came to him he was back in the real world so all he had to do was get out of these woods to be back to normal.He heard laughing then a cackle so he began to sprint towards the entrance of the woods, he saw the witch running after him but after a while he got away from the witch and out of the woods so he sprinted home and pretends nothing happened, the magic park still sits there today.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!