Jedd The Seagull

“So,” said Jedd, “what do you think?” Jedd the seagull was halfway through a conversation with his older brother Anthony. They lived on a beach in Cairns with lots of other seagulls.
“Hmmm,” said Anthony, “I think that… FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!” The entire beach of seagulls lifted off and flew at a little boy who’d dropped his chips and was trying frantically to pick them back up. Jedd, as well as all the other seagulls, madly tried to eat as many chips as possible. Then, once they were finished, they flew back and sat all along the beach.
Jedd sighed. As usual Scot, who was the biggest, strongest seagull on the beach, had got the majority of the chips closely followed by the other biggest seagulls and as usual Jedd hadn’t got any. Jedd sighed even louder. Just then Anthony came over.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“What’s wrong is that I’m nearly two years old and I still haven’t tasted a single chip,” replied Jedd.
“Oh sorry, I completely forgot you asked me my opinion on how to get chips,” said Anthony, “well I reckon what you need to do is… FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!” All of the seagulls took off again, this time flying at a girl who had fallen over and spilled her chips everywhere. Jedd sighed. At this rate he’d never find out what Anthony thought.
Once the food was finished Anthony flew back again.
“So, what were you saying?” asked Jedd.
“Basically,” explained Anthony, “the trick is to always be on the lookout for the small…FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!”
Jedd gave up, he was too hungry to wait any longer, so he flew off to try and catch some fish.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!